Make an Appointment


Call Us:  (269)  982-3832


Or review our Frequently Asked Questions.


    

    


Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy are two very different processes and treatments.

Hypnosis


Hypnosis is the process of getting a person relaxed and giving them suggestions that may or may not help them to get their desired results. They may stop smoking or lose weight or decrease their anxiety. However, these hypnotically suggested changes are often temporary and may last a few days to weeks. The desired results to stop smoking or lose weight then are within the individual daily to make the choices. Hypnosis provides assistance in their personal goals.

If a person is treated using hypnosis and hypnotherapy they are not only reaching the conscious mind, which comprises 10%-15% of the individual’s total being, but also have the potential of going into the other 85%-90% of the mind, the subconscious, to discover and treat the underlying addictive pattern. Just putting the person in the state of hypnosis and giving suggestions, however, does not fully resolve the deeper issues.


Hypnosis will mainly be used for immediate symptoms, such as anxiety and stress, for relaxation and hypnotic suggestions to address the behavior. The hypnotist may ask the person to associate a nasty, disgusting substance with the food or drug they are addicted to. This may work for a few days or weeks. However, if the compulsive eater, say, encounters a situation where someone they love deeply threatens to leave, they may go back to their self-defeating choice of eating all the food they can find. The pattern itself of using substances (food, drugs, etc.) to medicate unpleasant feelings has not been changed or healed in a full manner.




Hypnotherapy


Hypnotherapy is a stronger treatment that easily is able to identify what the source of the behavior is that is causing the addictions, weight issues, anxiety, etc. Then, using the full 100% of the mind, you learn how to resolve the issues which have led to this destructive and often deadly behavior. Hypnotherapy can help free the client from toxic behaviors. Hypnotherapy will lead people toward healing the unresolved issues that have been affecting them their whole lives. Most people during childhood are faced with unpleasant situations and then draw subconscious conclusions about themselves from this very childish perspective. People also make decisions about how to behave which seem good at the time, but now may be self-defeating. These childhood decisions are so deeply hidden that only through the depth of hypnotherapy can they be discovered and treated.

With hypnotherapy, the hypnotherapist can regress the client to childhood, discover these patterns and change them deep within the unconscious mind. The new affirmations and suggestions will stick for more than just a few days. This is a fundamental reason why the mental health professionals choose hypnotherapy for addictions, trauma, and eating disorder issues while using hypnosis for immediate relief of symptoms, such as anxiety.

Talk with your counselor about how hypnosis or hypnotherapy may be a beneficial treatment or added treatment to your current counseling you may be receiving.  You may also call and make an appointment with Family Therapy & Development Centers, Inc. Certified Hypnotherapist to have time to discuss your specific issues and goal attainment.

Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy

Family Therapy & Development Centers, Inc.
Neuro-Psychology Consultants